HIT Universal Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and the applicable EU data protection law (including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the GDPR), the data controller is HIT Universal Limited of 5 Deansway, Worcester, WR1 2JG.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Simon Shawcross.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.hituni.com or by corresponding with us by phone, skype, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, create your profile, subscribe to a course, purchase a product, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph, PayPal transaction details, courses subscribed to, lessons completed, quizzes results, video thesis, comments on lessons and blog posts, login details.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site, we may automatically (using Google Analytics and WordPress plugins) collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. We will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, you can unsubscribe by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link on any of our emails or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users.
Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If HIT Universal Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions, whether they are made by credit/debit card or made though PayPal, will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to provide the services to you and others, and to comply with our legal obligations.
Right of access
The Act the GPRP and give you the right to access information held about you. You can request a copy of the information we hold about you and the purpose for which such data is held by contacting us at www.hituni.com/contact.
Right of rectification
You can update or amend the information we hold about you if it is incorrect, by updating your profile on the site or contacting us at www.hituni.com/contact.
Right of erasure
Right to restrict processing
You have the right to ‘block’ or suppress processing of your personal data, e.g. for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at www.hituni.com/contact.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, social media feeds and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Right to data portability
You have the right to obtain a copy of your personal data so that it can be reused for your own purposes.
Right to object to processing
You have a right to object by withdrawing your consent at any time.
Right to make a complaint to the supervisory authority
You have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).