The personal training landscape
Personal Training has become a competitive and lucrative career option over the last 25 years and is set to continue to grow by an expected 24% over the next 10 years. This is staggering growth, faster than average when compared with all other career categories. Not only is it one of the faster growing career options, it can also be financially rewarding too.
There is no clear-cut answer as to how to become a fitness or personal trainer. Different employers demand different certifications and the certifications themselves vary greatly in terms of speciality and time required to invest in educating oneself. Many organisations offer PT qualifications, covering the basics of anatomy, physiology, CPR, exercise techniques and client management, but so far we haven’t found one that is an optimal solution for the aspiring personal trainer. This is why we created HITuni.
Once the qualification bit is all set and the trainer gets employed, this is what he/she will typically do (according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics):
- Demonstrate how to carry out various exercises and routines
- Watch clients do exercises and show or tell them correct techniques to minimise injury and improve fitness
- Give alternative exercises during workouts or classes for different levels of fitness and skill
- Monitor clients’ progress and adapt programs as needed
- Explain and enforce safety rules and regulations on sports, recreational activities, and the use of exercise equipment
- Give clients information or resources about nutrition, weight control, and lifestyle issues
- Give emergency first aid if needed
Unfortunately much of what is deemed personal training often ends up being little more than motivational hand-holding or bootcamp bullying, drill instructor style.
The world’s best personal trainers fundamentally care about their clients physical and emotional wellbeing and success, when this attitude toward personal training is combined with an expert knowledge about physical conditioning, weight management, healthy nutrition and stress, a personal training star is born. This type of personal trainer has a waiting list of clients.
HITuni is here to enable you to become one of this elite.
Becoming a personal trainer through HITuni can make Personal Training a very rewarding career option intellectually, financially and emotionally.
comments powered by Disqus