Here’s a collection of a selection of my podcasts over the years (from most recent to oldest).
3 April 2018, Exercise selection, rushing routine variance and how desire ruins effectiveness
In this podcast, I discussed with Eric Feigl exercise selection and purpose. Topics we covered include:
- why you shouldn’t change your routine too often
- using manual resistance
- how to progress new trainees
- the importance of training for longevity.
30 November 2017, How I started a HIT business from scratch, effectively marketed and scaled it to success
On this celebratory No #100 episode on Corporate Warrior, I shared my story and the story of HITuni. Specifically (adapted from Lawrence’s very detailed show notes):
- Promoting High Intensity Training and how to make it big
- HITuni’s very first sale
- The customer journey: from discovering HITuni to purchasing a course
- What kept me motivated when we were developing what would eventually become HITuni
- Would I have done differently when it comes to starting a HIT business?
- The importance of patience in the path toward becoming successful
- What’s in the plans for HITuni for the next 6 months
- Time management, work-life balance, and how having children changes you
- The value of HITuni’s courses, accrediation, and recognition
- What we’ve learned so far from managing and overseeing a certification program
- What HITuni offers in comparison to more formal education paths
- What’s the difference between HITuni’s courses and certifications versus what the Super Slow Guild used to offer back in the day
- Patterns and commonalities among the most successful HITuni graduates
- How long does it usually take to go through a HITuni course?
- Contrary to the trend of online course having low completion rates, HITuni’s students are committed to their courses
- Taking on new instructors in the near future
- Will there be a Resistance Exercise Conference in the UK in the future?
- Drawing more people toward HIT
- The high client retention rate for HIT personal trainers
- How can trainers attract and motivate people who don’t like going to the gym?
- What are the most effective advertising and marketing tactics and techniques that we’ve seen/used in the HIT niche?
- Getting new clients without owning your own facility or have one in a low foot traffic location, remote coaching, on-location and in-situ client consultations, and what to avoid and be wary o
- What online business opportunities are available to people, particularly HIT enthusiasts
- The importance of passion, interest, and sustainability
31 October 2017, High intensity exercise for efficient strength training
In my first podcast with Fitness Candor, I had the pleasure to meet Eric and chat about:
- why devoting 20-30 minutes, twice a week is a great way to receive the benefits of strength training
- why being systematic about your training is important
- why getting very comfortable being uncomfortable is crucial to seeing results
- a sample High Intensity Training routine and how it should be performed.
27 March 2016, How to optimise productivity through nutrition, mindset and meditation
Besides exercise, I am very passionate about overall wellbeing. So, I really enjoyed this podcast with Lawrence Neal on nutrition, mindset and meditation. We discussed:
- My fasting protocol
- Caffeine consumption, incl. drinking coffee with fat
- How to find high quality eggs
- My workout
- A practical trick to eliminate the judgement of others for a healthier mind
- Negative thoughts about self or others and their negative impact on productivity
- How to optimise eustress (increase productivity) in a busy office environment
- How I structure his working day?
- A very effective movement practice
- Meditation techniques
- What the proven benefits of meditation are
- Effective goal setting techniques
- What the biggest challenges in creating HITuni have been
- Simon’s advice for anyone starting an internet-based business
- How my thinking about exercise has evolved in the last year
- When I’ve felt most successful, in the last five years
- What advice I’d give my 20-year-old self
- What’s something I consider true that no one agrees with
16 December 2014, How HIT improves cardiovascular health and how to become a great personal trainer
This was my first appearance on Corporate Warrior in its early days (back in 2014!) and the beginning of a successful partnership with Lawrence. The topics in this podcast were:
- High Intensity Training: definition, how to do it, and its benefits
- How does HIT improve cardiovascular performance
- A healthy approach to nutrition based on science and the hunter gatherer diet
- How to become a good HIT personal trainer
- The challenges in dealing with NHS in relaton to nutritional guidelines
- My personal dietary plan
- My top 3 tips for improving your health
A Balanced Life : Managing Stress, Nutrition, & Exercise
I also found this talk I gave some 7 years ago at the T21Convention, title “A Balanced Life : Managing Stress, Nutrition, & Exercise” and I thought I’d include is here as well.